Easter is right around the corner and we all know how busy the holiday can become, between preparing the home for family and friends, picking up groceries and odds and ends, planning, and preparing Easter dinner and desserts.
We want to help you enjoy the your family during the holiday this year, so we’d love to share with you our favourite secret family Easter recipes that are sure to impress your guests and loved ones!
6 Easter Recipes from the Pure Family:
One: Rayna and Michael
- Brussels Sprouts
- Fennel, Zucchini
- Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Chop vegetables up and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle avocado oil on top of vegetables.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven until tender or brussels sprouts are golden brown.
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lbs of Russet Potatoes (roughly 4 large potatoes) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup of chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/4 Cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub butter on bottom and sides of a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Layer sliced potatoes in a single layer on the bottom of the dish slightly overlapping.
- In a large bowl mix together onion, garlic, 1 cup of cheese, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle about ⅓ of mixture over the first layer.
- Repeat layering 2 more times ending with potatoes.
- Pour cream over the potatoes filling in between the spaces, top with the ramaining cheese.
- Bake 60 to 90 mins until golden brown.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Strawberries ( sliced)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/5 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp of Poppy Seeds
- 1/8 Tsp of Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 Minced Onion
Four: Jennette and Scott
Paprika Slow Cooker Chicken
- 2 to 3 lbs whole chicken, inside removed, rinsed and dried
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp of paprika
- Parment paper
- Make 4, 3 inch balls with the parchment paper and place at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with sea salt pepper and paprika.
- Place slow cooker on high for 1.5 hours then reduce heat to low for 5 to 6 hours or until juices run clear.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 Cups of mashed, cooked Sweet Potato or Yam
- 2 Tbsp of melted Butter
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Paprika
- Sprinkle of Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whip all ingredients together except for the brown sugar with a mixer until everything is well blended and there are no chunks.
- Put mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle mixture with brown sugar if desired and add pecan halves to cover casserole (topping is optional healthier without sugar)
- Bake in oven at 350 degree F until bubbly hot.
Six: Michael & Rayna
Chocolate Dipped Fruit
- Orange segments
- Dark Chocolate
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler (small pot floating in a larger pot with water in it).
- Chop all fruit in to bite size
- Dip a small corner of the fruit in chocolate
- Chill and serve
Hope you enjoy a little bit of tradition from our family to yours. Happy Easter!