Massage therapy has been used for centuries in both Western and Eastern cultures. Massage therapy uses basic mechanical hand movements to help relieve pain, reduce stress and promote healing by improving circulation, deepening relaxation and providing an increased sense of physical awareness and emotional well being. It is effective in controlling chronic or acute pain, reducing stress and creating a sense of relaxation and well being.
Therapeutic massage is used to help obtain relief from many specific problems including low back pain, migraine and muscle tension headaches, whiplash, and neck and shoulder tension to name a few.
Your First Massage
Is this your first massage experience? Don’t let your lack of knowledge or personal experience with Massage Therapy stop you from booking a session any longer. No matter what your size, colour or shape, we assure you we will do whatever we can to make you feel comfortable and secure. If you are a little nervous, please don’t be. Call us with any questions you have, we are happy to discuss your concerns!
During Your Massage
Our therapists will discuss your concerns before starting your massage. This is the time to communicate your physical conditions and expectations for your massage.
We want you to quiet your mind, slow your breathing and relax….. communicate immediately if you feel any discomfort. You may talk as little or as much as you like.
What Our Clients Say About Us…
I enjoy relaxing Massage. I’m 4.5 months pregnant and this is the first time I’ve been Massaged on my side. It was very different but I really enjoyed the experience. I’m glad to be a member of the Massage Club!”
I used to get headaches every month, then I started getting Massages every month and I do not get headaches anymore!”
Beneficial Effects of Massage Therapy
Massage is the systemic manual application of pressure & movement to the soft tissue of the body, skin, tendons, ligaments and fascia. It encourages healing by promoting the flow of blood to lymph, relieving tension, stimulating nerves, and stretching/loosening muscles and connective tissue to keep them elastic.
A few benefits of massage therapy are:
- Massage reduces waste products such as lactic acid and carbonic acid that build up in muscles causing cramping, discomfort and irritability. It enhances the immune system and aids in recovery by increasing blood circulation to that area.
- Massage acts as a mechanical cleanser by pushing along the lymph and quickening the elimination of wastes and debris.
- Massage improves muscle tone and helps prevent atrophy resulting from forced inactivity
- Transverse Massage (a type of technique), separates muscle fibers, undoing and preventing the formation of adhesions. It stretches connective tissue, and reduces the danger of fibroids.
- Massage can have a stimulating, or exhausting effect, depending on the type and length of the massage treatment given.
- Massage heightens tissue metabolism
- Massage improves the circulation of joints and quickens the elimination of harmful particles in the synovial fluid.
- Massage is an invaluable aid to physical fitness. No other single health technique is more valuable.